collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website, or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, business information, or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, open a support ticket, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the site, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in
which you are most interested.
• To improve our site in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up after correspondence – live chat, email, or phone inquiries.
How do we protect your information?
Our site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order and enters, submits, or accesses information to maintain the safety of your PII.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider, and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• To help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• To understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• To keep track of advertisements.
• To compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Who are we and what is The Stirling Alliance?
City Beat News and Spectrum Award are assumed names of Success Max, LLC. We are a member of the Stirling Alliance. Companies currently admitted to and participating in The Stirling Alliance can be found on the Stirling Center for Excellence home page, https://stirlingcenter.org.
When do we share?
We may share certain information with other members of the Stirling Alliance to facilitate contacting you or fulfilling your requests or orders. We may also share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any PII that can identify any individual person or company. If we use an
outside shipping company to ship orders or a gateway and/or credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services, we will have an agreement with those companies that they do not retain, share, store, or use PII for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order. Similarly, if a member of the Stirling Alliance is the provider of any specific services for which you sign up (such as courses through The Stirling Center), we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. We will have an agreement with those third-party companies that they are not allowed to use PII except for the purpose of providing these services. If our business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
When do we provide third-party disclosure?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include site hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or serving our users so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we use links?
This site may contain a link to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and read the privacy statements of any other site that collects PII.
What about Google?
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. These principles are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our site.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense.
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
• Demographics and interests reporting.
• DoubleClick platform integration.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (e.g., the Google Analytics cookies), third-party cookies (e.g., the DoubleClick cookie), and other third-party identifiers together to compile data about user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our site.
How to opt out
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises by using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, users can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
What is the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)?
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Why do we collect your email address?
• To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• To process orders, and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• To send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• To market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has
How can you change your personal information?
• By emailing us -email@example.com.
• By calling us at 866.732.9800.
• or via Mail
121 W. Nepessing Street
Lapeer, MI 48446
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• To identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• To include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• To monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• To honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• To allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
How do you unsubscribe?
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
121 W. Nepessing Street
Lapeer, MI 48446
Last Edited on 2017-12-19